I’m a storyteller. I tell stories. I can help you tell your story. Let’s tell a story to change the world!
I am a product on New York State, a Northeastern and Harvard Extension Alum, and I consume way too much coffee.
When I am not looking to the future, I am spending time with my wife and daughter, plotting my next coffee run, and dreaming of DJing a mega-club.
Jan 2011 – August 2012
- Freelance marketing and business consulting.
State Street Corporation
Assistant Vice President, Global Business Reporting, Jan 2009 - Dec 2010
- Senior Analyst for Fund Activity Repository (FAR), an enterprise-level fund asset reconciliation application.
- Conducted monthly portfolio and client analysis on over $900b in pension assets for UK and Asia Pacific via FAR for client movement, retention, and assets under management.
- Served on the FAR steering committee, which specified, and tested, new functionality for the FAR platform.
- Project Lead for a three person team supporting the State Street Global Markets Client Reporting Database.
- Led the team in collecting and analyzing monthly foreign exchange, equity, and fixed income transactions on a client level via an Access/SQL Database, and exporting finalized data into enterprise client reporting dashboards.
- The client reporting dashboards were used by State Street Global Market’s Executive Committee to inform client, market, and product strategic decisions.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for State Street Global Markets business units for State Street’s Global Center, a CRM/ERP platform developed in-house to give Executive Management a complete picture of client activity and relationships.
- Responsible for ensuring that all foreign exchange, equity, transition, and fixed income trading client activity were correctly represented on the Global Center platform.
- Served as liaison between brokerage, information technology, and reporting units to ensure that client activity was correctly recorded and reported to State Street Corporation’s Board of Directors.
State Street Global Markets
Assistant Vice President, Global Account Development, Sept 2005 - Dec 2008
- Team lead for 7 person team that developed State Street Global Markets’ brand, brand messaging, design language, and distribution formats.
- Ensured that all product sales presentations, one pagers, and communications we in line with State Street Global Market’s Style Guide, and were in line with current brand messaging.
- Copy wrote monthly HTML emails for State Street Global Markets which were read by 700 employees, and 300 institutional sales agents.
- Worked with external agencies to align new product messaging with existing brand language and messaging.
- Maintained the Request for Proposal (RFP) Database for State Street Global Markets. The RFP Database contained responses to the 40 most commonly asked questions on foreign exchange and transition management products. Ensured that the database was up to date with language that was in line with current product capabilities and brand messaging.
- Managed State Street Global Market’s response to surveys from Mercer and other outside consultants.
- Administrator for all internal and external enterprise content delivery platforms for State Street Global Markets, including Stellent, Movable Type, Confluence, Word Press, and SharePoint servers.
- Project Manager for State Street Global Markets Lotus Notes Client Meeting Database.
- The Meeting Database had over 6000 interactions with 2200 clients, and monthly extracts were integrated into client tracking dashboards and monthly reporting.
- Focus of the project was to maintain current platform, and provide client relationship managers with improved functionality.
- Managed a project team of 8 people, including 5 developers in Shenzhen, China.
- All issues and upgrades where completed on time with a minimal budget.
- Project Lead for State Street Global Market’s Client Segmentation Project.
- The Client Segmentation Project was formed to give State Street Global Market’s Managing Directors a model which would give them insight into which types of clients the Foreign Exchange and Equity Trading sales teams were having the most success with, and then comparing those clients with a client universe of 2200 institutional broker dealers for additional client development opportunities.
- Led a 7 people cross-functional and cross-corporation team to generate a model which identified the top 200 State Street Global Markets clients, and another 200 significant clients that would benefit from customer account development efforts.
State Street Global Markets
Business Analyst, Global Account Development, Jan 2000 - Aug 2005
- Strategic analyst for the electronic trading market for equities.
- Identified key trading technologies for each step of the online equity trading workflow, and identified functional and technological gaps in State Street Global Market’s capabilities.
- Recommended technologies to Senior Management that State Street Global Markets would have to develop or acquire to remain competitive.
- Developed State Street Global Markets Global Link Billing Application.
- The Billing Application used Access as an SQL front-end to match client transaction volumes with currency rate tables, and produce a formatted bill to present to Global Link’s Global Brokerage Partners.
- Regional Coordinator for Twestival Local 2010, a global charity fund raising event that uses Twitter and other social media platforms as a marketing and coordination backbone.
- Project lead for Boston Twestival 2008, a one night event to raise awareness and money for charitywater.org. Led a 10 person team to plan the event, formulate marketing strategy, execute public relations strategy, coordinate social media platform usage, and liaise with corporate sponsors.
- Northeastern University, Masters in Business Administration, June 2002.
- Harvard University Extension School, Bachelor of Arts, Government, June 1996.
- Loyola College, Course concentration in Communications & Journalism, June 1993.
- Marketing and Public Relations:
- Brand Development
- Brand Strategy
- Presentation Writing and Formatting
- Request for Proposal Writing
- Press Release Creation
- Survey Creation and Response
- Consultant Management
- Social Media.
- Financial Reporting and Analysis:
- Client Segmentation
- Client Revenue Reporting
- Portfolio Analysis and Reporting.
- Financial Reporting
- Project Management:
- Project Milestone Creation
- Business Specification Writing
- Technology Sourcing and Analysis.
- Web Development:
- Intranet Portal Design
- Intranet Portal Development
- Enterprise Portal Content Delivery
- Content Management
- SharePoint Administration
- Wiki Administration.
Social Media Profiles
- Twitter: justinmwhitaker
- Facebook: justinmwhitaker
- LinkedIn: justinwhitaker
- Google Plus: justinmwhitaker
- YouTube: Justin Whitaker
- FriendFeed: justinmwhitaker
- Quora: Justin Whitaker
- Pinterest: justinmwhitaker
- AboutMe: justinmwhitaker